Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just as I was about to lie down in bed, I heard the first Retaliation Bomb.

"Paradise exists in the dreams of children."

Just as I was about to lie down in bed, I heard the first Retaliation Bomb. The thunderous impact Reeked of the Venom of which it was sent. Though other explosions followed, none had the fury of the Initial Blast. It was like replicating an Earthquake with its aftershocks: just when you think the Hell is over, it keeps Coming Back. The Green Zoners were sending a Message along with their Death to the Outlanders.

There's an Irresistible Desire in every Outlander to pop the Green Zone Bubble and the Idyllic Life contained therein. It's easy to point towards the obvious Envy Factor but there's more: a False Hope that somehow popping the Bubble will spread Prosperity to the outlands. These Temptations hold sway with me too but I hold No Tolerance for violence. Yet I understand the Feeling one gets as one watches one's own child Starve as another's knows no Deprivation. One does not see the Reason for one's child to die - especially when there is None.

As a planet, it seems each day we move Further from our Dreams. The World as it is I don't think is anyone's idea of Paradise. But yet I hear those who Have It Good keep Claiming utopia has been Achieved. But somehow I don't think paradise needs Missiles. I think it needs Dreams - dreams we Abandoned long ago.

No comments: