Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"The truth is for losers."


"The truth is for losers." These Words of Enlightenment came to me at the end of a conversation with a Living Liar. His kind are particularly Alive in these times, feeling the Winds of the Times at their backs. Sanctioned by a feeling of Official Approval, these Beady-Eyed bastards feel free to Seek Out and Exploit any Weakness they can find. Nothing brings a smile of Satisfaction to the Power Lords like seeing these Sowers of Chaos ply their trade. It's good for keeping the Little People in Tangled Webs.

His eyes brimming with vibrancy, the Lying Man chastised me for Defending the Truth in my conversation. He told me I was behind the Times and truth held No Meaning anymore. Smart People, he said, are the ones who can Lie the best. He claimed if I stuck with truth I'd be Swallowed Whole and Left Behind. Reality exists only in the Mind, he insisted, and the object is to win the War of Words. He then went on to Brag how he'd successfully Defended an argument espousing the Earth Is Flat.

But the more I listened to his game of Self-Deception the more I Amused I became - until finally I Angered him with a Laugh.

Yes, I could see he was a Master at pervading the Prevailing Thought and this Perversion was his god. But, dude, while it’s true Changing Peoples' Minds can change Our Reality it sure as hell won’t change the Laws of Nature! Somewhere Inside you still have to Know that. Love requires No Lying.

No comments: