Saturday, September 23, 2017

Last of the Wind Riders is dead


Never have I felt such Sorrow. My Life Force is drained. I see not the Point of taking another breath. For what is there to Fight for? I stagger along, Numb and Dazed. Dear reader, if these words ever come to light, Pray your planet never reaches such a point. A darkness has Descended over our world. We stand abandoned in the Universe. I cannot bear the Shame of what we've done. I'm ready to find a rock, sit down, and Die. I've just been Kidding myself, a member of the walking dead after all. I always knew this Day would come, I just couldn't face it.

In the Green Zones they are celebrating - even if it does mean their own death. The Wind Riders flew over us, pointing out the dangers they saw below and the dangers they saw coming. The Power Lords bristled at the Riders' words. Reverence for the Riders undermined their base. They Twisted and Perverted the deeds of the Riders, declaring them enemies, that it is not doing evil that is Wrong, but to have it pointed out is Wrong. They stoked their followers to a Fever pitch, blaming the Riders for the Ills in their lives. Oh, the Lords are crafty in their Deceit, bemoaning every Rider murdered while stoking the Flames against them. There is no way Forward with treachery like that.

I see the Green Zoners sitting on comfortable cushions with earnest eyes closed, praying to the gods of Selfishness so they their Way of life may continue unabated. Anyone or anything that Opposes their comfort is declared evil. When the Wind Riders warned of the deforestation that led to the first Dead Zone, their days were Numbered. I see that now all too Clearly. The 'Holy People' put a contract out on them then called it the will of God. But the words of the Riders were my last Link to hope. As long as Truth is being expressed we still have a Chance. No one is left to Challenge the liars as they grow Conceited and openly Push people around.

I'm ready to take my Rest, and let Nature take her revenge.

No comments: