Thursday, June 28, 2007

I think I wandered off into another Time today…

I think I wandered off into another Time today…

It’s true I spend a lot of time in the Green Zones toiling mercilessly for Profits to survive. But that’s all it is to me. I am not a True Believer or Defender of the Faith. I hate those fanatics. I come back here to the Outlands where Faith in the System is not expected. For some reason I particularly wanted to be as far away as possible from the Green Zone pressures. It was like a knot in my head I needed to get rid of. But apparently I went so far as to snap my mental tether cord.

It was the End of the Day and the sun was dying on an unusually Haze free day. I passed through a junkyard of metal and rust, things of Discarded Use. That’s when I first started noticing The Feeling. There was a Stillness as I gazed upon these Dead Objects, never to know life again. My mind started looking at them as the Universe would, questioning Our Judgment. I Feared the answer.

Onward I tread into a Burned Out terrain where Machines had once come and taken what they will. And left the Land to an oily death. I had never felt so Isolated as I did crossing that soil, this place of Rejection. If asked, I would have sworn I was the Only Person on the planet. All the Lies and Propaganda and False Hopes fell away in Sobering Realization. Nature knew what we were doing. And as much as we hate to admit it, Nature has the Ultimate Say.

So a Dying Man sat in the Dying Sun on a Dying World. I was timeless at that point, with no Past or Future. It was never meant to be like this, turning Paradise into Purgatory. I wanted to stay in that spot forever, never to return to the Madness. In that Moment – when I knew not the time or day or year – I felt the Ancients trying to whisper an Answer into my ear.

But how can a man listen to his Dreams when he’s a slave to profits?

No comments: