Sunday, October 21, 2007

Today I sat on the Edge of the World and gazed to the End of Time


"I don't know why it's the Way it is, I just know It Is."
-an Outlander when I asked him why we have to run the planet the way we do

Today I sat on the Edge of the World and gazed to the End of Time, and asked: What if?

I cannot live in the Green Zones but I can visit them. And in seeing their Places Unspoiled, I'm reminded of the magical beauty of this planet of ours. How an Intelligent Design permeates from the atom to the end of the Universe. All this time we've been searching for Paradise, and it's been right under our noses all along. As I sit here watching the Gentle Glistening of the water, I feel our Maker speak an Ancient Dream to me. And I wonder: Are we going to fuck this up beyond all repair?

Are we going to turn Day into Night and Joy into Fright? Will we continue on until this world simply has nothing left to give? And if so, what then? Do we die a death Unimaginable? As we wantonly destroy and consume, we place ourselves on a path with No Escape.

I don't know about you guys, but I want to live!

No comments: