Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Twilight Soldier’s Ballad

When I saw this poem I thought it really spoke of our twilight times. I'm going mad I tell you! Mad!

"Screaming shells and screaming yells,
"Our black smoke fills the sky.
"I’ve lived through a thousand hells,
"Now horror gets me high.

"Apocalyptic thunder
"Becomes my only friend.
"Give glory to our blunder,
"We’re coming to the End.

"Man’s endless battles raging
"To see who’ll be the last.
"Insanity we’re waging
"To keep life of the past.

"I worship holy metal;
"Hardens my soul to steel.
"I mock the flower’s petal;
"Her softness I can’t feel.

"Compression and oppression
"Torment my splitting head.
"You’ll see my glad expression
"When you see me lying dead.

"God, I love unholy war!
"For this my life was bent.
"Better just to be a whore,
"For tears are my lament.

"This world, I see no future;
"So let’s ring in its death!
"For my heart, there’s no suture;
"I dare not waste a breath!

"The Hell in me surrounds me,
"My Chaos in my eyes.
"This life is what confounds me,
"My hopes I do despise.

"So join me in my desire!
"Kill the dreams of others!
"And we’ll set this world on fire!
"Never be as brothers!"

No comments: