Monday, November 05, 2007

An Alien Witness approached me today.


An Alien Witness approached me today. Some people Vilify and Fear them but I find them Refreshing. The reason I think the Witnesses are so hated is because they cannot be Controlled. This drives the Powers That Be crazy - which gives me much Joy. But the Witnesses aren't here to bring Change or Enlightenment, but just to Record.

Apparently this Witness had just watched a Waste Disposal truck dump its contents into a lake instead of the Designated Disposal pit which would have Safely Housed it. And he noticed the driver did it with a Smile of self-satisfaction. As if he had been Clever. So the Witness quizzed me for an explanation. Turned out to be harder - and more Embarrasing - than I thought.

I told him that, yes, the driver would be Penalized if caught doing that. So what then motivated him? Well, he gets Penalized for using the proper pit as well. At that remark, it is really hard to describe the Confusion on the Witness's face. I tried to explain the Profit Concept, that only people with profits deserved to live. So if the driver had used the disposal pit, he would have had to given up some of his own Profits in order to do so. And since no one really likes Giving Up profits, the rule on dumping is rarely Enforced.

I told him many of us liked the idea of an Industrialized World that requires no Responsibility. In that world, Nature can be Violated with Sanction - no longer to be regarded as Holy. Our pollution is a Power Trip. We've created our Own World with our Own Rules and as a community, we Worship it because it accepts our Defilement. That is what we use as the Measure of Success.

The Confused Look never left the Witness's face.

No comments: