Saturday, November 03, 2007

It's easy to become a Disconnect

"Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see"

It's easy to become a Disconnect. Life in this world is really Hard and the Times weigh heavily on your shoulders. So it's Tempting just to disconnect. It's sort of like sipping tea and enjoying the sun on a Sinking Ship. Just block out any Ugly Realities and grab the Moment while you can. I can see the Lure of that - sort of.

Disconnects seem like Happy People. They have a Myopic Mania for the Moment. They don't find Comfort in Fixing things - they find comfort in Ignoring things. Life to them must seem like a Doomed Situation, something to Squeeze Dry until there's nothing left. So maybe they don't realize that true Rest comes from making things Whole. But I understand. We are all very, very Tired here.

There are no Disconnects in the Outlands. Or, if you are, you don't last long. Acknowledging ugly realities is how to Stay Alive outside the Green Zones. So I'm not sure I could Sip Tea in the Sun on a sinking ship and enjoy it. My Survival Instincts would not allow it. It would sort of be like trying to rest on sharp and pointy rocks. Yet once again, I end up asking myself: Where is Sanctuary?

So, yes, living is easy with eyes closed - until the ship sinks. Then it becomes Hell on earth.

No comments: