Thursday, June 05, 2008

Have mine eyes seen Too Much?


Have mine eyes seen Too Much? I fear so. In the Green Zones, one can still live life as a Lark, safely cocooned from Encroaching Realities. Don't get me wrong, I begrudge them not any laughter, joy, Love or healing still to be found on this cruel, miserable orb. I too wish to live, I too yearn to live carefree in the Green Zones and I too ache for shelter from our Wounding Wars. Enviously, I look upon those Souls who count among their gravest worries the fanciness of their shoes. Then I remember last month's Food Riots in the Outlands.


The world is a Criminal Enterprise. Profits count, People don't - which puts us in the Untenable Position as a race of not mattering. Sheer Insanity. So no matter how deeply I burrow into the Green Zone comforts, I can't forget the Tragedies I've witnessed. I can't forget the Men With Guns, the Raped Women or the Mutilated Children. These images are Seared into my mind. Green Zoners know these abominations exist - and thus devote their lives to Avoiding them - which is a Death Wish.

We may perish as a planet, I understand that, but our Dreams - unspoken or not - will live on forever, floating through the Universe as timeless reminders of our existence, Eternal Echos of love never shared.

No comments: